The Little Rock Zoo

.The Little Rock Zoo needs to step up and care for the animals better! Please read the several artciles here with deaths, sickness and a bald chimp!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Bruce Wagman at the ALDF doesn't want to help a chimpanzee

Hi Readers;
As promised previously, here is the e-mail that I sent to Bruce Wagman, (whom I thought was a friend of mine and ALL animals.) I suppose helping me with my ex-Chimp, Mikey wasn't glorious enough for him.

The person mentioned in the e-mail was Steve Ross, one of the people on the SSP Board. I will talk about him and post his e-mails on another day, along with the story of when we dropped our chimpanzees off at the Little Rock Zoo..

I swear all of these people that pretend to want to help ALL animals are in for one thing only, their reputation!!!!!

The e-mail:
Hi Bruce;


This is not an e-mail I thought I would ever write, however, I am asking you for your help again.

If, you have not heard the very sad and devastating news, Louie our little chimp at the Little Rock Zoo has passed away.

Needless to say we are both devastated and crying is back to a way of life for us today.

Would you be willing to represent me on behalf of Mikey to get him transfered to a sanctaury? He is fixed, is all alone now, and I fear for his health and safety. It has been almost 3 years now and the zoo has not gotten them with the troupe. Now Mikey has no chance at all with the 2 very large dominate males they have which will result in him never going outside and staying in the little dungeon under the ground that they call a habitat..

I have contacted a friend of mine at a sanctaury ( I removed the name of the sanctuary) and offered to build a cage large enough for Mikey and a few more chimps. I am waiting to see if this is possible. I also contacted Steve Ross (the one that guaranteed me their safety) and asked him to consider the transfer or I would go to the media.

Here is the e-mail I sent to him:

"Hi Steve;

Well I never thought for one second that we would receive the devastating and heart breaking news I did today.

I am going to ask you nicely because I know you can make this decision.

I would like Mikey to get transferred to a sanctuary! I have money now and am able to purchase a primadome for the sanctuary. It isn't fair to Mikey that he doesn't have anyone. He is fixed and has no chance at all with the troupe you have there at the zoo. It has been 3 years now and still he is not with the troupe. I can't believe that we did not get this information until Louie died!!!!! Nothing like not giving us the chance to say good bye to him. After all we did raise him from a baby and for over 5 years. How fair was that to us? to Louie? and now to Mikey? I hope for every ones sake that nothing happens to Mikey when he decides not to eat because of the lose of his brother.

I'm really hoping that you will agree to this "in writing" so I can start making the arrangements.

I have a list of media #'s that I want to call right now, but will wait for your reply, please don't hestitate.. You know that I am a very determined person, and I will tell everything I know, including when Chance was transfered with a big chimp and upon arrival he almost bleed to death. Mikey is my love and I want him safe and happy.

I look forward to your reply ASAP

Judie "

No comments:

Post a Comment